Location: Cambridge, UK
Astex Pharmaceuticals is a world leader in innovative drug discovery and development. The company has successfully applied its proprietary Fragment-Based Drug discovery platform to generate multiple new drug candidates that are progressing in clinical development. Astex continues to grow and focuses on Oncology and Neurological Disorders. They have opportunities at their Cambridge, UK, Research Centre for experienced and innovative scientists, wishing to develop their career in a thriving multidisciplinary, industrial environment
CURIOSITY, CREATIVITY AND INNOVATIVE SCIENCE FOR DRUG DISCOVERY
...UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL
They are looking for a PhD biochemist/cell biologist with experience in the cellular biochemistry of the signalling and regulatory processes involved in tumour growth, survival and resistance. This is an important role that will add strength to teams involved in validating novel targets and evaluating the mode of action of novel drug molecules.
· Contribute scientific expertise to the cell biology of drug discovery programmes.
· Provide laboratory-based support for the evaluation of lead compounds against novel cancer targets including detailed analysis of mechanism of action.
· Play an important role in influencing the biology within project teams and have the potential to lead the biology activities within a project.
· PhD in a biological science or a BSc with equivalent experience
· Proven experience in cellular biochemistry including an understanding of the signalling pathways that regulate transcription, growth and cell function.
· Experience in oncology or immuno-oncology therapeutic areas, preferably gained in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company, would be an advantage.
· Demonstrable proficiency in a range of cell biology/biochemistry techniques is required. In vivo experience would also be an advantage.
They offer excellent training and career development opportunities as well as a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter, quoting the job reference, CBB/0917, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 14th January 2017