Applicants for all BACR Awards should send their applications and related documentation by email to the BACR Secretariat:
Applicants can expect to hear the outcome within a month of the closing date.
Up to a maximum of £2,000. All receipts must be returned along with a written report that may be published in the Association's newsletter.
Available to individuals who have been BACR members (full or student) for at least one year at time of application; preference is given to more juinor researchers (i.e. those individuals with less than 5 years post-doctoral experience).
Full members may apply to the BACR for a second award (either a fellowship or travel award) but this must be at least 3 years following the initial award. Student members may apply for one Travel Exchange within their Student Stipend and then allow 3 years before applying for another Travel Exchange Award. Student can still apply for BACR/CRUK student travel awards following its' eligibility criteria. Preference will be given to applicants not applying to the BACR for either of the awards in the previous 12 months.
Deadline & checklist
30th June 2018
Applicants to provide in one PDF document:
- A curriculum vitae
- details of a programme of work
- evidence of an invitation to spend time in an institution other than their own
- signed letters of support from two professional referees (normally one should be the head of the parent department or group)
- a budget for travel and/or accommodation (funds are not available to cover subsistence or consumables).
- evidence of funds being provided from other sources
The BACR will also award Fellowships to allow a visiting scientist to come to the laboratory of a BACR member to teach a new technique or method.
It must clearly be shown that the visit will be of benefit to the BACR member.