This BMVA one-day meeting will present state-of-the-art developments in Computer Vision, Computational Modelling and Mathematical Analysis applied to Cancer.
Recent progress in imaging hardware, acquisition techniques, and algorithmic processing of data have led to advances in detection, diagnosis, staging, treatment, and follow-up in cancer-related clinical workflows, as well as fundamental understanding of cancer modelling and dynamics. Cancer imaging includes varied modalities, and numerous scales including nano, micro, and macro.
This one-day meeting will be dedicated to technical advances that have potential for clinical relevance, and seeks to bring together a collection of recently developed approaches in this domain. We hope the methods presented will inspire future research both from theoretical and practical viewpoints to spur further advances in the field.
The topics include, but are not limited to:
• segmentation in cancer imaging: from cellular structures to cells to lesions to tumours
• tracking of cells in metastasis and migration processes
• multi-modal registration of cancer images
• modelling of cancer cells, tumours or vasculature
• multi-scale cancer modelling
• image-based interventional techniques for cancer treatment
• tissue characterisation from images
• histopathology image analysis
Abstract Submission deadline 31st July 2017
For further information go to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNwl1QlHzF9oiX7NGK-tT8mwYL2w6ojFN0QRW1bbjHPED-Xw/viewform